Subject: Re: VR
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 7 Oct 1995 23:53:44 -0400

In a message dated 95-10-07 12:42:32 EDT, you write:
>What is a good program for VR that will accept lightwave objects

LightWave 4.0 for the Intel platform includes VRML savers in the Modeler
package.
With these savers, you can save individual objects or an entire scene of
objects into a directory for viewing in a real-time 3D viewer.

Using a VRML viewer, such a WebSpace (www.sd.tgs.com), your objects can be
loaded in and viewed in real-time (1-2 frames /second on a 133MHz Pentium,
using software based OpenGL drivers.) The cool thing about VRML is that it
links directly into existing WWW technology - meaning you can transmit 3D
objects over the net for viewing by others...

The major downside to the whole VRML thing is that it's still in the
experimental stage. While it's not that hard to get things working, you might
find it too much of a hassle.

On the upside, WebSpace is free!

Erik Flom - ELF Works 3D Construction Co.
--
[email-masked] sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]